Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009

 
 
 
 
Wow I can not believe it's 2010!!! Where did 2009 go?! I am so excited for a new year and a chance to have some great things happen!! 2009 was an interesting year. Looking back over 2009 I am reminded of all the things I have to be grateful for and all of the many blessings we have!

Ellie and Tanner are healthy and strong! Despite last year giving each of their little bodies a few challenges. They have come out a head and overcame all obstacles. They are both excelling in all of their activities and are developing right on mark or a head of the game! I am so grateful I have the chance to be their mom. There is not a day or night that goes by I don't thank my Heavenly Father for these two sweet spirits Aaron and I have in our home. Not to mention there is never a dull moment with the two of them around! They definently keep me on my toes!

Aaron is the greatest husband a girl could have. Through his selfless service and unconditional love I am constantly reminded that I am valued and treasured in my home. I am so blessed to have such an amazing man as a best Friend and father to my children.

After looking back over 2009 I have decided on three goals for 2010. #1: To be grateful....We had a lot ups and a lot of downs in 2009. Despite all the health struggles and life struggles that came our way, the blessings that came far out weighed the challenges. An article in the December Ensign reminded me that no matter how bad I think I have it, someone else always has it harder. I am going to not let things stress me out and allow me to loose focus this year. I am going to focus hard on all the things I have and all the blessings I have been given!! #2: We have made the song "Kindness Begins with Me" our family motto. We sing it regularly trying to teach the girls the importance of being kind to all around us. In teaching the girls I am the one that has been taught! I am going to show more kindness and focus on serving others more than myself! Last but not least goal #3: I am going to run a marathon in 3 hours and 10 minutes! Honestly you had to know there would be something about running in here.

Thank you everyone for blessing our lives over and over again! Have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cat said...

hi!! Love the 2009 family pics!! so cute!! Good goals i'm sure you'll meet everyone of them especially since you're becoming a professional runner with your first sponsor (so very awesome).

Love you Holtz family!!!

Summer said...

Great pictures, and GREAT goals. It's so easy to lose focus of the big picture... I've been trying to be more grateful as well... no matter what the challenges, we've still got happy healthy children, FABULOUS husbands, and so many blessings. Thanks for reminding us! One of my resolutions in 2010 is to get back to Utah to see you. Seriously.

Noni said...

You are all a blessing to each other and to us. Thanks for the inspiring words!

Brownfamily said...

MaryAnne you are one of the most generous people I have ever met. Your girls have an excellent example of someone who is truly christ-like.
--Love all the photos!

Here they are, my family!! I couldn't be more greatful! I have got the most amazing husband and two beautiful, sweet little girls!