Thursday, December 31, 2009

Peaches and Cream

 

 

Something a lot of you may not know about me is that I collect Barbie Dolls. Go ahead and laugh, I am OK with that. Well back in 1985 they came out with the Peaches and Cream Barbie. I was at the store with my mom during the Christmas season that year when I saw the Peaches and Cream Barbie for the first time. For a six year old who had previously only owned a "My First Barbie" that comes in a swim suit with no assecories, this doll was incredible. I remember saying to my mom "If Santa brought me this doll I would never take the clothes off her or mess up the hair. I would take the best care of her!!" Imagine my delight when Christmas came and Santa left the Peaches and Creme Doll under the tree. Needless to say (my mom still reminds me) that I did not keep my promise. Her clothes were off and hair messed up before the night was over(seriously mom I was a future hair stylist and shopaholic in the making what could you expect)!
Fast forward to 2009...Barbie is celebrating their anniversary and put out a lot of Barbie Dolls from the past to celebrate. My Husband found the Peaches and Cream Barbie for me!! In order to keep this a complete Christmas surprise he had the doll shipped to Florida and Roxanne carried it on her 6 hour flight to Utah. Christmas Morning I was shocked when I was handed a box labeled from Santa. The girls had a blast helping me open to package and Aaron enjoyed the shock on my face when I realized it was my Barbie. It is now sitting prettily on a shelf still in the box (Ellie and Tanner can not understand why I will not open and play with this doll) It makes me happy to look at it 1: because it reminds me of my childhood and 2: It reminds me that I have to most amazing husband in the world!! Thank you Roxanne for all your help!!!!
p.s. Michelle and Jessica you would not remember any of this because you were not alive yet:)
p.p.s. Please enjoy the pink polka dot pj's and my amazing bed head. This picture was taken at 5:30a.m.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shanda said...

So fun! I had that barbie too once upon a time :)Thanks for the memory.

Catey said...

That's Awesome! That was my sister's favorite Barbie of all time (except the Michael Jackson doll that was Barbie-ish! lol)

Cat said...

hahaha, okay the girls are after my own heart!! I couldn't figure out the logic for the life of me when you wouldn't take the Safari Barbie out of the box to play with (and why you'd get so mad at me and sarah for doing so...)

Love Aaron for being the sneaky present getter he is! Although I still would have loved it if he would have had to purchase it in person and say "it's for my wife"......Awesome post!!! The girls will understand one day!

Summer said...

What a GREAT husband!

Kerri said...

We had lots of that barbie also. My girls got the Twilight Edward to add to Barbie collections this year.

Utah Mom said...

Oh! I had the Peaches and Cream Barbie too. And I did take care of her but I had two younger sisters . . . They owe me. :) I'm so glad you had a good Christmas. The girls are darling.

Here they are, my family!! I couldn't be more greatful! I have got the most amazing husband and two beautiful, sweet little girls!